Budd Legal assist clients in the development of projects, from securing initial sites, through planning and permitting, to turnkey construction and sale-on agreements. We offer a full service in this specialist and rapidly changing area covering real estate, construction contracts, operation and maintenance contracts, financing, offtake contracts, share sale and purchase, due diligence and joint venture arrangements.
We work with conventional energy clients and renewable energy clients and have assisted in bringing online a significant number of projects for energy generation and the associated infrastructure.
We are one of only a handful of legal firms with experience in the UK's Capacity Market, both in terms of developing projects and familiarity with the auction process.
Any questions? Please contact Budd Legal today for an initial discussion.
A sample of services available
• Project rights acquisition and sale
• Share purchase agreements and joint venture agreements
• Due diligence
• Negotiation of EPC and O&M contracts
• Negotiating finance documentation
• Project documentation including site documentation
• Advice on planning, permitting, grid connections
• General regulatory matters
• Advice on Capacity Market mechanism both bidding for and buying contracts
• Equity funding support
• Power purchase agreements
• Renewable heat projects including advice on the Renewable Heat Incentive